Does your drain feel more like a dam these days? From mineral deposits to hair, we put a lot more than water down our drains, even if we don’t mean to.
Often times, an obstruction is obvious (kid “washed” the Play Dough). Other times, an expert is required to identify and remove a blockage. Fortunately, Blue Planet Plumbing is here to ensure water goes down your drain–not your sanity.
Start Your Quote
Flow freely with a clean drain.
A clogged drain can be a simple nuisance or it can wreak havoc on your home. Our drain cleaning technicians are specialists at assessing issues and clearing lines in a timely manner. We have the equipment and expertise to unclog and clear your drain from the most extreme and deep drain clogs.
Not all plumbers offer drain cleaning services and many drain cleaning companies are not licensed plumbers. Blue Planet Plumbers are fully licensed plumbing technicians with a combined total of nearly 75 years of experience at cleaning drains. We’ve installed and maintained thousands of drainage piping infrastructures, so we know what we’re looking for and can quickly pinpoint clogs with our state of the art equipment.
Blue Planet Plumbing’s Drain Cleaning Services
- Clearing clogged sink, tub, and shower drains
- Drain repairs
- Drain pipe cleaning
- Main sewer line inspection/clearing
- TV camera location work for underground utilities services
- Preventative maintenance via our service agreements
Signs you may have a clogged drain:
- A sink drain starts having water backed up.
- Pools of water form around a tub or shower drain, and then drain very slowly.
- Drains (without garbage disposals) start making gurgling noises.
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink.
- You notice a smell of rotting food near the kitchen sink area.
- Your dishwasher has standing water in it or takes much longer than usual to complete a cycle.
Blue Planet Plumbing now offers jetting!
Using a drain cleaner alone doesn’t do the whole job. It might open the passage enough to allow water to flow, but often the sides of the pipe are still covered in gunk.
That’s why Blue Planet Plumbing now offers Hydro Jetting. When used in conjunction with drain cleaning, this technique clears the whole pipe!
Hydro jetting works especially well for blockages caused by grease, gravel, or other foreign objects that have made their way into your plumbing system. Used in tandem with a cable-driven drain cleaning machine, jetting will completely scrub the walls of the piping and remove all residual waste. The result is a safe and superior method for rejuvenating your drains and decreasing future problems.
Our “jetters” use compressed air and water technology to scrub and flush away residual buildup and debris thoroughly from the inside of drain lines without damaging them. The equipment is compact and portable so it can be used for interior residential lines or for larger problems in exterior lines.
Jetting only works on certain types of drain lines that are in good condition. Our licensed technicians can help you assess if this procedure is a good fit for you. We also use a sewer camera while doing the work to ensure that all lines are clear and free of obstructions.
Reach out today to Blue Planet if you have drain line issues and we will be happy to assist.
How to avoid clogged drains
Preventative maintenance is by far the best way to avoid unwanted and frustrating drain clog. Don’t wait until a drain completely stops working to call in help, and remember that regular plumbing maintenance is the easiest way to keep your home plumbing system clog-free.
Don’t put the following items down your drain (via garbage disposal or flushing):
- Coffee grounds
- Egg shells
- Dental floss
- Wet wipes
- Cat Litter
- Foods such as asparagus, artichokes, carrots, celery or anything that has a fibrous texture
Even if you are careful, neglected pipes can become lined with buildup from oil and grease in the kitchen or soap scum and hair in the bathroom. This buildup can have dangerous corrosive effects and cause damage.
Blue Planet Plumbing offers an affordable service plan to ensure your pipes and drains are properly cleaned and maintained, saving you money and frustration over the years. We will also provide a comprehensive home plumbing safety check up if we unclog any drain at your residence.
Drain Cleaners: Bad for You, Your Plumbing, and the Earth
We advise against using any chemical drain cleaners in your plumbing system as they can be detrimental to your health and to the environment as a whole. The chemicals in many over the counter drain cleaners have high toxicity levels and create fumes that aren’t healthy to inhale. These cleaners are also damaging to metallic pipes, often completely destroying them underground or under slab.
A few reasons to avoid damaging liquid drain cleaners:
- Toxic fumes can hang around long after the product is used
- Harsh chemicals will eat away at enamel and other finishes in your kitchen sink, tub, and shower
- Hydrochloric acid, the primary chemical used in many drain cleaners, will corrode and destroy underground pipes
- If pipes are leaking underground, toxins are being unknowingly poured right into the soil
- Residue left in bottles ends up in landfills, and can enter the water, poisoning fish and other wildlife
Our drain cleaning methods are environmentally friendly and don’t cause damage to your family or your pipes.
Is your drainage situation a bit hairy?
Make an appointment today for a service call and your friendly technician will help you get to the bottom of your slow (or no) drainage. Our experienced team will help you make an informed decision about your drainage situation.