A clogged drain can be a simple nuisance or it can wreak havoc on your home. Our drain cleaning technicians are specialists at assessing problems and clearing lines in a timely manner. We have the equipment and expertise to unclog and clear your drain from the most extreme and deep drain clogs.
Not all plumbers offer drain cleaning services and many drain cleaning companies are not licensed plumbers. Blue Planet Plumbers are fully licensed plumbing technicians with a combined total of nearly 75 years of experience at cleaning drains. We’ve installed and maintained thousands of drainage piping infrastructures, so we know what we’re looking for and can quickly pinpoint clogs with our state of the art equipment.
Blue Planet Plumbing’s Drain Cleaning Services
- Clearing clogged sink, tub, and shower drains
- Drain repairs
- Drain pipe cleaning
- Main sewer line inspection/clearing
- TV camera location work for underground utilities services
- Preventative maintenance via our service agreements
Signs you may have a clogged drain:
- A sink drain starts having water backed up.
- Pools of water form around a tub or shower drain, and then drain very slowly.
- Drains (without garbage disposals) start making gurgling noises.
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink.
- You notice a smell of rotting food near the kitchen sink area.
- Your dishwasher has standing water in it or takes much longer than usual to complete a cycle.
How to avoid clogged drains
Preventative maintenance is by far the best way to avoid unwanted and frustrating drain clog. Don’t wait until a drain completely stops working to call in help, and remember that regular plumbing maintenance is the easiest way to keep your home plumbing system clog-free.
Don’t put the following items down your drain (via garbage disposal or flushing):
- Coffee grounds
- Egg shells
- Dental floss
- Wet wipes
- Cat Litter
- Foods such as asparagus , artichokes, carrots, celery or anything that has a fibrous texture
Even if you are careful, neglected pipes can become lined with buildup from oil and grease in the kitchen or soap scum and hair in the bathroom. This buildup can have dangerous corrosive effects and cause damage.
Blue Planet Plumbing offers an affordable service plan to ensure your pipes and drains are properly cleaned and maintained, saving you money and frustration over the years. We will also provide a comprehensive home plumbing safety check up if we unclog any drain at your residence.
Drain Cleaners: Bad for You, Your Plumbing, and the Earth
We advise against using any chemical drain cleaners in your plumbing system as they can be detrimental to your health and to the environment as a whole. The chemicals in many over the counter drain cleaners have high toxicity levels and create fumes that aren’t healthy to inhale. These cleaners are also damaging to metallic pipes, often completely destroying them underground or under slab.
A few reasons to avoid damaging liquid drain cleaners:
- Toxic fumes can hang around long after the product is used
- Harsh chemicals will eat away at enamel and other finishes in your kitchen sink, tub, and shower
- Hydrochloric acid, the primary chemical used in many drain cleaners, will corrode and destroy underground pipes
- If pipes are leaking underground, toxins are being unknowingly poured right into the soil
- Residue left in bottles ends up in landfills, and can enter the water, poisoning fish and other wildlife
Our drain cleaning methods are environmentally friendly and don’t cause damage to your family or your pipes.