When YOUR HOME water heater IS ON THE FRITZ, you want someone you can count on — and you want someone FAST.
The Asheville plumbers from Blue Planet Plumbing bring trustworthy expertise right to your home. We’ll let you know if you need a water heater replacement or whether a water heater repair can salvage your existing unit.
If you do need to replace a water heater, Blue Planet plumbers offer the most up-to-date options for energy and water conservation. Based on your needs and your budget, they can recommend which of the many different water heater varieties is best for you.
Start Your Quote
Hybrid Water Heater Specials
Blue Planet Plumbing is one of Duke Energy’s preapproved contractors. Let Blue Planet Plumbing install your hybrid water heater and:
- Receive a $350 VISA gift card as a Duke Energy rebate
- Receive an additional $100 off if you’re an Asheville Go Local card holder
- Get Blue Planet Plumbing’s three-year labor warranty option with your water heater replacement
- Take advantage of the standard 10 to 15-year warranty on the tanks (compared to a six-year warranty for most traditional units)
Part of Duke Energy’s green movement to reduce demand at peak times, the hybrid water heater uses a heat pump to supplement its power. Hybrid water heaters are two times more efficient than traditional electric water heaters and gas-powered tankless water heaters. Installing a hybrid water heater reduces the amount of fossil fuels needed to satisfy the power demands of Western North Carolina customers.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters can provide an endless supply of hot water. Since it heats water on demand, it doesn’t need to store hot water and keep it hot. Why pay to heat water all day that you’re not using? No tank means it can fit into a smaller space.
Tankless water heaters typically come with a six to 10-year warranty, based on the brand and option chosen. Popular brands include:
- Navien tankless water heaters
- Rinnai tankless water heaters
- Rheem tankless water heaters
- Noritz tankless water heaters
- Stiebel Eltron tankless water heaters
- And many more!
Gas or Electric Water Heater Replacement
Blue Planet Plumbing technicians are experts in water heater repair and replacement of traditional units (those with large tanks). Whether you want a gas or electric water heater, our plumbers recommend the most up-to-date, energy-efficient brands to fit your needs. Most gas and electric water heaters give you six-year warranties on parts.
Typically less expensive than hybrid or tankless water heaters, traditional units continue to be popular throughout Asheville. Blue Planet plumbers listen to your needs before recommending the best brand and model for you.
Compare and Save
When you need to replace a water heater, consider the cost of the unit as well as the cost of running the unit. The newest technology provides the most energy efficiency, which saves you money in the long run. Compare the annual operating costs of all types of water heaters for a two-person household:
- Hybrid water heater: approximately $145
- Tankless water heater: approximately $210
- Gas water heater: between $310 and $450
- Electric water heater: approximately $750
Why Blue Planet Plumbing?
Because they treat you and the environment with equal respect.