Are you working all day and running around after hours on calls at night? There is a better way! Spend time with your friends and family at night and during weekends! We do not perform after hours calls for profit. Which means we only perform emergency warranty calls after hours. So, you spend more time with your family!
Plumbing service technician position
$6000 SIGN-ON BONUS, OFFERING TOP PAY IN THE REGION! $99-150K ANNUAL PAY AVERAGE
We are currently seeking new Plumbing Technicians with knowledge of Plumbing code regulations and experience with water piping, water heaters, and DWV piping systems. This position requires candidates to work with clients to help them make important decisions. The perfect candidate will have the ability to install plumbing systems with a quality above our required standard operating procedures and a minimum of two years of in-home plumbing sales experience. A North Carolina plumbing license is a plus.
We are seeking intelligent, forward-thinking, hard-working team players to join our family for a long-term relationship. We will provide all the training, major tools, and technology. You bring your wit, drive, intellect, and motivation. Our technicians generally work fewer hours per week than our competitors because we only perform after hours warranty work. That’s right! Our after hours service rotation is only for customers that have an issue that is still under warranty. To put a number on that a technician can expect about 6 after hour calls per year.
- Meeting with residential clients and discussing options for the installation or repair of their home plumbing systems.
- Present quotes and pricing information
- Perform plumbing work purchased by the client.
- Full-Time: 40 hours per week
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license with a clean driving history that is insurable.
- Strong customer service-oriented mindset
- Ability to connect, learn from, be led by, and work with the most diverse and experienced group of plumbers.
- Must pass a background check.
- No less than two years of experience in the trade of flat rate plumbing installation and sales
- Knowledge of Plumbing code regulations
- References from your past work experience including sales, behavior, mindset attendance etc.
- The ability to apply yourself in our high-performing environment of professionals.
- Experience with plumbing, water piping, water heaters, gas piping, DWV, water distribution, and drain cleaning
- The ability to operate trenching equipment is preferred
- Plumbing license is a plus
- $6000 sign-on bonus
- 99k – 150k annual salary, depending on experience
- $35 – $60 per hour
- Commission payments, (which includes materials). We find our technician’s sales are $150-$200 higher here than any company they have worked at previously
- No commission deductions for assistants
- Paid holidays, birthdays, and vacation
- Health insurance
- Supplemental health insurance (Aflac)
- Retirement plan with company match
- The company provides tools, uniforms, cell phones, and iPads
- Company vehicle and gas
Why Blue Planet Plumbing
Technicians with Blue Planet work as a part of a dynamic and passionate team, demonstrate technical competency, and help accomplish our company goals. Spend time with your friends and family at night and during weekends! We do not perform after-hours calls for PROFIT. Which means we only perform emergency warranty calls after hours. So, you spend more time with your family!
Additional Benefits of Working with BPP
- Rotation for after-hours warranty calls only.
- Long-term growth opportunities with potential for advancement
- Job-specific training
- Service manager field support
- On-site owner 32-year plumber by trade providing guidance by way of example, experience and exposure to the trade
- Great company culture